Monday, April 12, 2010

Demi Moore Over Body Obsession

People love discussing which celebrities may or may not have had work done, and we're not quite sure why. Perhaps it's because we don't want to believe that they can look amazing without the work of talented stylists, makeup artists and plastic surgeons. Maybe we feel a bit of jealousy that we don't look like movie stars.

When it comes to Demi Moore, one topic seems to be the focus of public conversation: how does the mother of three still look so good at 47 years old? If you listen to tabloids, it's because she has had hundreds of thousands of dollars of plastic surgery on just about every part of her body and is constantly photoshopped to death. Finally Moore is setting the record straight in the May issue of UK Elle.

"In truth, I wish there was a little bit less curiosity and fascination with how I look, whether it's good or bad," says the actress, who is pictured in a corset and lingerie. "It feels like school-yard name-calling a lot of the time. It hurts. You know what? Maybe one day I'll go under the knife. It just irritates me that people are constantly saying how much I've spent on plastic surgery." In another breath, however, she contradicts herself saying, "I have had something done but it's not on my face."

It seems that being a celebrity may have not had the best toll on Moore's overall self esteem. "I had an extreme obsession with my body," she tells Elle. "I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness." Moore goes on to say that fixation on your body and weight is a waste of time, and that she finally got the body she wanted when she stopped obsessing over it.

No comments: