Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michael Jackson's Personal Chef Speaks Out on Day of Jackson's Death

Michael Jackson's personal chef, Kai Chase, opens up about the events that occurred at Jackson's home on June 25, the day of the King of Pop's death.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Chase says that she knew something was wrong that morning because Dr. Conrad Murray did not come downstairs to get the juice and granola he usually brought to Jackson for breakfast.

The 37-year-old chef tells the AP she had gotten used to seeing Murray coming and going at the house, and that he usually arrived around 9 or 9:30 p.m. and would stay at the house over night.

Chase also said she would sometimes see the doctor coming down the stairs with oxygen tanks, but never asked about them, and did not think that Jackson appeared to be on drugs or in poor health.

In the interview, Chase describes what she remembers from the day of Jackson's death.

"I started preparing the lunch and then I looked at my cell phone and it was noon," she says. "About 12:05 or 12:10 Dr. Murray runs down the steps and screams, 'Go get Prince!' He's screaming very loud. I run into the den where the kids are playing. Prince (Jackson's oldest son) runs to meet Dr. Murray and from that point on you could feel the energy in the house change."

She goes on to explain that she saw paramedics running up the stairs, and that Jackson's daughter Paris was crying. She says that security guards informed her at around 1:30 p.m. that her and the other staff needed to leave the house because Jackson was being taken to the hospital.

Jackson's chef was originally hired by the late King of Pop in March, but was let go shortly after in May. She was asked to come back in June to help Jackson prepare for his London tour.

Chase tells the AP that she was asked to accompany Jackson in London for his "This is It" tour, and she had completed all the appropriate paperwork and was preparing to leave for London on July 3.

No comments: