Monday, April 11, 2011

Jennifer Aniston's Skinny Secrets

Jennifer AnistonHard to believe it's been more than a decade and a half since a 25-year-old Jennifer Aniston began her rise to superstardom, playing rich-girl-turned-waitress Rachel Green on NBC's super successful sitcom "Friends." So how does the now 42-year-old manage to look better now than she did then?

According to her nutritionist Carrie Wiatt, prior to landing her stint on "Friends," Jen's agent insisted she would get more roles if she lost weight, so Wiatt created a portion-controlled, nutrient-dense meal delivery service for the actress, who, indeed, got her breakout role soon after.

"For Jennifer, the key was high protein and low carbs, with plenty of vegetables and fruit and no processed foods," Wiatt tells Life & Style. "It's an understatement to say Jen has maintained her weight beautifully."

Over the years, media reports have had Aniston on a variety of kooky diets, from eating only cucumbers to a baby-food plan, a rumor she has vehemently denied. "I've been asked lately, 'Jen, what's this baby food diet all about?' I kept thinking: That's the strangest question ever," Aniston said last year. "Sorry, but the last time I had baby food, I believe I was 1. I've been on solids for about 40 years now."

The actress has also admitted that she doesn't starve herself, and when she feels like indulging, as she once told ABC News, "I pretty much go to grease, fried foods. Salt."

As for exercise, the svelte star credits yoga for keeping her body toned and slender. "My legs got leaner," she said in the UK edition of Harper's Bazaar. "My arms got strong."

No comments: