Monday, August 31, 2009

Kate Beckinsale Talks ‘Underworld 4’

Kate Beckinsale Talks ‘Underworld 4’A couple of weeks back, BloodyDisgusting claimed to have it from very reliable sources that Kate Beckinsale, star of the first two “Underworld” movies, would return to the franchise as the leather-clad, hot vampire with the fourth film. As far as Beckinsale herself is concerned, she hasn’t yet been contacted to appear in the film set for release in 2011, as she explains for Collider.

According to the gorgeous actress, the first three films have been, from the very start, seen as a trilogy that would not include her in the final part. While she has yet to be contacted to reprise her part as Selene in the fourth film, if she is and accepts, that would mean her having to do three more films – and she’s not ready or willing to make this kind of commitment just yet. The good news is that the actress would happily do just one, and fans must agree that it’s better than nothing.

“I don’t know anything about a 4th ‘Underworld.’ I don’t know anything about that at this point. I know they have [been talking about a fourth film]… it was always conceived as a trilogy, which I was never going to be in the third one. I think if they came up with an amazing script I wouldn’t be adverse to it. But it’s not planned or anything.” Kate says for Collider.

Yet, while she wouldn’t be “adverse” to the idea of doing another “Underworld” film, three more are more than she can take, and her daughter is the main reason for that, the actress explains, hinting that she would perhaps like to be considered for roles that are more challenging than looking good in leather. “I don’t think my daughter needs to see my bottom in rubber for another ten years. But I don’t know, I’ve heard they’re talking about a 4th one, but I don’t know if that’s officially happening or it’s that a rumor. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a rumor.” the star adds.

Still, that’s not to say fans should lose all hope: just like it happened with many other franchises that saw their stars leave after a while, whenever they said they would be willing to “talk” about returning, they most often did. It’s not a scientific fact, but chances of Kate Beckinsale returning to do “Underworld 4” continue to be relatively high, several media-oriented publications and fans point out.

No comments: